Re: [Chicken-users] ditching syntax-case modules for the utf8 egg

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ditching syntax-case modules for the utf8 egg
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 06:35:25 -0700

On Mar 11, 2008, at 1:05 AM, Alex Shinn wrote:

"Robin" == Robin Lee Powell <address@hidden> writes:

<snip>

But I want to ask again, do people want this, and is it OK
to break compatibility in the current utf8 egg?  Or should
we possibly wait to see about the new module system?

In all cases, except the "levenshtein" egg, I import the utf8 stuff into the toplevel so the change will match the semantics I assume. Will require a new release of some eggs but mostly tests, not the actual source.

I think waiting for a new module system might get you into a mini version of the R6RS 'library' "discussion". A fate to be avoided.

--
Alex