[Chicken-users] Re: Chicken release policy

From: Aleksej Saushev
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: Chicken release policy
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:38:53 +0300

Ivan Raikov <address@hidden> writes:

>    I have created a draft wiki page that outlines the release policy
> for Chicken. It is available from the following URL:
>
>       http://chicken.wiki.br/release-policy

It would be nice, if it prevented creating of tarballs with the same name.
>From the published page it isn't clear, if the released chicken-3.1.0.tar.gz
is the unique package with the name "chicken-3.1.0.tar.gz" and no development
snapshot gets the same name.

There's a time window between creating 3.1.0 and bumping trunk from 3.0.99
to 3.1.1, is it possible that 3.1.0, which is frozen 3.0.99, be less fresh
than 3.0.101? It shouldn't be, if you want linear order on versions.

Anyway, it is big progress, that you managed this. My congratulations!
It makes it much easier to package it for distribution along with common
systems.

--
CKOPO BECHA...
   CKOPO CE3OH...