Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Chicken release policy

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Chicken release policy
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:17:27 +0900

Hello,

   I have disabled the script that used to rebuild the release
tarballs every night, so now the release tarballs should never, ever
get clobbered. The development snapshot script only builds from trunk,
so if the version number is increased in the prerelease branch, this
would not result in a new development snapshot. I plan on manually
enforcing version numbers to minimize the possibility of the 3.0.101
situation you describe. Of course, the success of this policy relies
on the cooperation of developers -- if people just start increasing
the version number at will, this might lead to out-of-order
versions. So we'll see how this goes.

   -Ivan