Re: [Chicken-users] hart and syntax-case won't play nice. :(

From: Robin Lee Powell
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] hart and syntax-case won't play nice. :(
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:52:28 -0700

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 07:07:47PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> Felix Winkelmann scripsit:
>
> > Actually not quite. Low-level macros are still seen, as the
> > low-level expander is used by default - high-level expanders
> > just pre-expand all macros usually.
>
> Well, it's true that define-macro definitions made after you (use
> syntax-case) expander are correctly processed,

This would explain why the order matter in the case of the hart bug,
but it doesn't explain why *both* orders fail.

> However, this is not true of syntactic-closures, alexpander, or
> riaxpander.  Those cope with both previously-defined and newly
> defined low-level macros.

Should I just use one of those, then?  Do they define syntax-rules?

-Robin

--
Lojban Reason #17: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/