Re: [Chicken-users] fixnum problem in http egg is back, magically.

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] fixnum problem in http egg is back, magically.
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:45:21 +0100

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 07:23:33PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 07:10:14PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > [SPIFFY: (root) reading /home/rlpowell/svn/sert/test.scm with size
> > 222.0#<unspecified>]
> > Error: (file-read) bad argument type - not a fixnum: 222.0
> > Error: 500 Internal server error
>
> *Huh*.
>
> I've managed to track the problem down.  It occurs when spiffy tries
> to serve a file whose extension it doesn't know.

If it does, it will simply send the file's contents.  This is done
through sendfile, which looks at the size of the file, which is
calculated with file-size.  This procedure can return big numbers, for
which Felix has made a change.  This change requires you to compile
chicken twice.

Again, this is *not* a bug in Spiffy or in http.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx