Re: [chicken-users] silex GPL-2 licensed?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [chicken-users] silex GPL-2 licensed?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 08:30:48 +0100

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Leonardo Valeri Manera
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Why is silex GPL-2 now?
>
>  This screws it up for everyone making non-GPL-2 stuff that uses
>  easyffi or one of the many eggs that depend on it...

The original code had an unknown license. The current version as
available on the 'net is GPL, AFAIK.

Since easyffi is purely compile-time, I see no reason why it should
infect code compiled with it with GPL licensing. Can some license
advocate clarify this?