Re: [Chicken-users] eval of (0) crashes app

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] eval of (0) crashes app
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:31:08 +0100

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Heinrich Taube <address@hidden> wrote:

>  yes, an thak you for the reply! i call CHICKEN_run(NULL) just after
>  CHICKEN_initialize(...);
>  here is my init sequence in case you see anything:
>
>  i also get a crash if i type something like (car {1 2 3}) im not sure
>  why some types of errors are cause but others crash.

You mean "(car {1 2 3})", literally? Or "(car 1) ..."?

Does the crash happen on every error (for example an unbounded
variable reference, like evaluating the string "xyz") or only when
calling invalid values in procedure position?

Can you run it under gdb and get the location and backtrace where it crashes?
(This may indicate whether it happens in the runtime system or in your
Scheme code). I wonder whether this didn't get caught earlier. Has anything
changed (chicken upgrade, etc.)?