Re: [Chicken-users] macro systems and chicken (long)

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] macro systems and chicken (long)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:22:57 -0400

Alaric Snell-Pym scripsit:

> Syntax-rules is handy for simple stuff, but I'd hate for it to be the
> only macro system I had - I like to think of it as a shorthand for a
> reasonably common case, TBH.

I think quite otherwise: I would never write a macro in any system other
than syntax-rules -- all other macro systems strike me as standing on
a foundation of quicksand.

--
Man has no body distinct from his soul,                 John Cowan
for that called body is a portion of the soul           address@hidden