Re: [Chicken-users] Spiffy bug with header/response code preservation in

From: Robin Lee Powell
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Spiffy bug with header/response code preservation in threads
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:23:57 -0700

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 09:13:40PM +0200, Peter Bex wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:25:10PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> >
> > This one's about as annoying as the content-length bug (a lot) and
> > about as difficult to work around (quite easy, actually).
> >
> > Basically, if you don't explicitely clear headers after you serve a
> > request, *and* the client actually uses the same connection (i.e.
> > curl does this), the headers never get cleared, which leads to
> > surprising behaviour, such as a normal page serving a redirect
> > because the last page was a redirect.
> >
> > This is also true for the response code, which is just as bad,
> > if not worse.
>
> Sorry it took a while, but I've finally got around to writing
> tests and fixing both bugs.

When you say "both bugs", I don't know which other bug you mean.

> Could you try out spiffy trunk and let me know if it works for
> you?  If it does, I'll push a new release.

It makes no difference for me WRT the example code I posted; curl -L
-D - '[snip]/redir1.scm' loops forever, redir2.scm succeeds.

What does my example code do for you?

-Robin

--
Lojban Reason #17: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo