Re: [Chicken-users] Inline Egg and Scheme Compilation

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Inline Egg and Scheme Compilation
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 06:25:13 +0200

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 12:55 AM, Joshua Griffith
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  Is it possible to use the inline egg to compile and cache scheme instead of
> c functions generated at runtime (rather than interpreting them using eval)?
> I was thinking an application like compiling and caching web-scheme pages
> whenever they change.

I dont think you'll need the inline egg - it should be quite straightforward
to execute "csc" and compile a requested file into a cache directory, if it
has a higher modification time than the compiled version. Repeated loading
of .so's is ok (in fact, the runtime system tries to unload the old
version, which
might even work in some cases). Alternatively, you can compile s-expressions
by piping them into "csc -".