Re: [Chicken-users] Anyone up for porting Termite to Chicken?

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Anyone up for porting Termite to Chicken?
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 09:47:31 +0900

  Ok, point taken about dynamic spawning of new processes. We have hot
code loading and modules in Chicken. MPI has MPI_Disconnect,MPI_Wait
and MPI_Test, which are not incorporated in the mpi egg, but could be
used for monitoring process termination. The group communication
facilities of MPI are useful for a much wider variety of situation
than numerical algorithms. Very complicated datastructures can me
modeled by an MPI topology. Cartesian topology is just that -- a set
of processes (nodes) in which every process sends a message to every
other process. MPI doesn't know anything about matrix operations or
weather, it just knows about group topology, communication, and data
structures.

   -Ivan