Re: [Chicken-users] Soundex

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Soundex
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:57:10 +0200

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Kyle R. Burton <address@hidden> wrote:

> I see that there is a Soundex that is part of slib, and that slib is
> compatible with Chicken - but I couldn't figure out how to get it up
> and running in my chicken instance.  I saw referenced at one point
> that there was an slib.egg, but I couldn't find it.  I also saw that
> there is an slib checked in on callcc.org's svn repository, but I
> couldn't figure out how to get it.

chicken-setup slib should work ok. The problem with slib is that
it is inherentliy unsuited to work with batch-compilers. You can use it with
the interpreter, though.

> After some motion and effort I gave up and just ported a Soundex
> implementation from another language to Chicken.  I haven't read
> through how to create an egg out of it yet, but I figured I'd offer it
> to the list in case someone wants to egg-ifiy it or lead me through
> the process.
>
> The implementation is here:
>
>  http://www.neverlight.com/~mortis/talks/fuzzy-string/src/chicken/
>
> There are 2 .scm files of interest, soundex.scm, and fuzzy-lib.scm
> (some support utils, I suspect some of which duplicate some of the
> chicken standard library).
>
> I've also got a NYSIIS implementation there, and a C based text-brew
> implementation with a Chicken wrapper near by:
>
>  http://www.neverlight.com/~mortis/talks/fuzzy-string/textBrew/

Well, why don't you make eggs from the stuff? I'd be delighted
to add it to the repository and can give you commit rights, if
you like.