Re: [Chicken-users] Is the GTK+ egg still alive?

From: John Maxwell
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Is the GTK+ egg still alive?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 00:10:49 -0400

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 21:01 +0200, felix winkelmann wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Stephen Eilert <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Sorry for the late reply, didn't see the message before.
> >
> > I'm also willing to contribute, if necessary.
> >

> Great! Now, this is the right moment for someone (John?) to pick this up
> and start to coordinate! I'll happily throw around commit access to the
> repository, just send me your preferred username(s) and pasword
> hash(es) ("openssl passwd -apr1").
>
> It doesn't matter how, just get involved, either by blindly hacking
> or by getting in touch with others that are interested to make this a
> solid gtk binding and start planning.

Bizzare; this didn't show up here until today.

Anyway, I'll pick the Gtk+ egg up and work on it, since the lack of a
maintainer seems to be the basic problem. Gonna be a bit starved for
time for the next week or so (%^*& working for a living), but after that
I'll be able to put some serious effort into it.

Stephen, I'll be in touch to try and coordinate efforts after I get my
head around the existing code; figure on a week or so into July.

Felix, I'll get the information for write access to the repository to
you as soon as I actually have something worth checking in.

-John

--
John A. Maxwell (address@hidden)

"I just know I woke up wearing someone else's panties, and my hair was
full of peanut butter."
        -The Weekly World News,
         quoting alleged Nixon-era intern Felicity Pricewater