[Chicken-users] tcp-read-timeout: procedure or parameter?

From: William Xu
Subject: [Chicken-users] tcp-read-timeout: procedure or parameter?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:44:31 +0900

The wiki says it's a parameter:

,----
| http://chicken.wiki.br/Unit%20tcp#tcp-read-timeout
|
| tcp-read-timeout
|
| [parameter] tcp-read-timeout
|
| Determines the timeout for TCP read operations in milliseconds. A
| timeout of #f disables timeout checking. The default read timeout is
| 60000, i.e. 1 minute.
`----

In csi, it's actually a procedure:

,----
| #;1> (use tcp)
| #;2> tcp-read-timeout
| #<procedure (f_8338 . arg1040)>
| #;3>
`----

So what's the correct way of disabling read timeout? Like this?

,----
| (define (tcp-read-timeout) #f)
`----

What I'm trying to do is, in a tcp connection: I'd like to pass some
socket options like keep-alive, so as to make the client says connected.
Any ideas?

,----[ version ]
| Version 3.2.5 - macosx-unix-gnu-x86-64        [ 64bit manyargs dload ptables
applyhook ]
`----

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org

neutron bomb, n.:
        An explosive device of limited military value because, as
        it only destroys people without destroying property, it
        must be used in conjunction with bombs that destroy property.