Re: [Chicken-users] hygienic branch basically working

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] hygienic branch basically working
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:27:33 +0200

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Ivan Raikov <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
>   Could you please port the datatype egg to hygienic Chicken? I don't
> know enough about macros to make the port myself, and it would be
> tremendously instructive for me as an example of how to port eggs that
> depend on unhygienic macros. Many thanks,

I have committed it. I tested it in the interpreter and with compiled code,
but only the small example from the documentation. Please give it
a try and tell me whether it works.

I have removed the documentation property from the installation
command (and have done so for all eggs I ported), as I'd like to
remove that feature. There should IMHO be only one place for
the docs (the wiki) and I intend to simplify the whole setup stuff
heavily (while keeping backwards compatibility for .setup scripts).