Re: Chicken-setup redesign (was: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: getopt, getopt_

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: Chicken-setup redesign (was: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: getopt, getopt_long?)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:14:05 +0200

> That looks good.  If we don't want to play with Windows registry and
> Unix symlinks, couldn't chicken-setup, when installing a `foo' egg,
> pick the highest version and generate a foo.scm containing something
> like:
>
>   (require-library foo-1.2)
>
> Considering 1.2 is the highest version number for the foo egg in the
> local repository.
>
> Would that work?

Yes, that would work. You would also need a file for foo-1, I suppose,
if one wants to to load the highest minor version of 1.XXX. This will
produce lots of little loader-files, though. Either we use this or really
create a table that is kept in sync by chicken-setup and which is
consulted once the first egg is loaded.