Re: [Chicken-users] Conditional expansion: #+

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Conditional expansion: #+
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:19:57 +0200

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 1:01 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:

> Therefore the code above should be equivalent to
>
>   (cond-expand
>    ((not csi) (include "QobiScheme"))
>    (else))
>
>   (include "architectures.scm")
>
> Is that right?

That's right.

> If so, maybe stalin.scm should not be implemented this way.
>
> For what I understand, stalin is not supposed to be run from the Chicken
> interpreter. So the conditional expand shoud avoid compiling the whole
> file, no only the first include form.

That conditional was added when I debugged the port to chicken (I compiled
QobiScheme.scm to an .so to reduce turnaround times). QobiScheme is needed
for providing the library functionality for the rest of stalin. I
wouldn't be surprised
if I made a mistake, but as I currently understand it, when compiled
(which is the
normal case, as running it interpreted is indeed not intended), this is
required. What would you suggest exactly?