Re: [Chicken-users] Segfault - a hard one

From: Peter Hochgemuth
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Segfault - a hard one
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:58:59 +0200

Hi all,

(this is actually Joerg using Peter's machine).

Am Montag, den 04.08.2008, 21:20 -0500 schrieb Jim Ursetto:
> Ran okay here.  Do you have more stats about your environment, chicken
> version, a less complicated program that can reproduce the problem,
> etc.?

The environment, where the case came up: my Laptop: 64 Bit Intel-HW, 32
Bit Ubuntu, chicken from svn (up to date yesterday) build with
DEBUGBUILD=1.

Results: Segfault and "heap full".

Here: Debian stable, 64 Bit.  Results: Success and "heap full".

Virtualbox (32 bit) with chicken-livecd-0.3.iso (downloaded is from 30th
Apr).
Results: Sucess, "heap full", Segfault

Attached a further simplified test case.  It becomes clear to me that
"thread-terminate!" appears to be the problematic call.  On the livecd,
we just saw about 50% Segfault and 50% success for that version of
"ttm".  BUT: as soon as I coment out the call to "thread-terminate!" it
runs without problems, even in a loop.

best regards

/Jörg