[Chicken-users] SRFI-34 egg

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] SRFI-34 egg
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 13:03:28 +0200

Hello,

I attach two implementations of srfi-34's "guard" syntax.  (Depending
only of srfi-18; no additional procedures.)

I'd like to ask Elf, or whoever can do so and cares, to update the egg
(since the version there is broken).

However I'm left with a question: which version would one prefer?  So
far I've got (from watching the mailing list) the feeling that
define-macro and define-syntax don't play well together.

Also I'm unsure whether all programs using define-syntax macros need to
require syntax-case, do they?  If so, would there be trouble with
define-macro in those files?

If it was better to have both versions available, the define-macro
version for compatibility and define-syntax for the upcoming hygienic
chicken, then: how should this be handled?  Two eggs?

Best regards

/Jörg