Re: [Chicken-users] Please do not drop 'thread-terminate!' from the SRFI

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Please do not drop 'thread-terminate!' from the SRFI 18 impl
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 22:35:07 -0700

Hi Folks,

One more controversy ;-)

I guess I just prefer social rather than legal prescriptions. Prohibition is an attack on symptoms & not causes.

Sadly we have a philosophical issue here. I am not for the general use of unsafe operations but against proscription.

I commiserate with those feeling the evangelical impulse to spread the word to the benighted masses while recognizing the danger in unfettered access. However, there are methods to produce a restricted denotation for problematic forms.

(We need a discussion group on the subject of Chicken Parallelism.)