[Chicken-users] Re: make-parameter, parameterize & SRFI-39

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: make-parameter, parameterize & SRFI-39
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:42:46 +0200

Hi all,

since there where no more responses on my last post to this thread, I
decided that it might be the best to supply a patch to this list, which
adds a procedure "make-shared-parameter" extending the existing
make-parameter in a compatible way.  The attached diff (against svn
revision 11597) should have no impact on the standard procedure
make-parameter and the parameterize macro.  However if the parameter is
a shared parameter, only parameterize will create a local binding for
that parameter (or the to-be-undocumented interface: call the parameter
procedure with a second argument).

I'd appreciate if this could make it into the chicken core - otherwise
it's going to be a pain to set up a clean build environment in my case.

Best regards

/Jörg