Re: [Chicken-users] egg announcement: remote-repl

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg announcement: remote-repl
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:14:32 +0200

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Jörg F. Wittenberger
<address@hidden> wrote:

> To sum up: the approach feels not very clean to me.  It would be much
> more practical to add another argument to make-parameter and have it
> support all three parameter designs, wouldn't it?

I would not do that - this leads just to API bloat, which we already have enough
of. Chicken's behaviour of parameters is AFAICT srfi-conformant. It also is
relatively low-level so that I don't like to mess with it.
Furthermore, I can't remember
having heard any complaints about the current behaviour until now.
That there are
several different ways of implementing this is true, and none could be
considered
the "true" way (as can also be seen by reading the (lively)
discussions that took place
on the SRFI-39 mailing list).