[Chicken-users] chicken on linux64

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: [Chicken-users] chicken on linux64
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:15:31 -0400

Hi folks,

I have some Chicken 2.x and 3.x Web applications in production on a
32-bit Intel Linux server. We may be upgrading to a new 64-bit Intel
machine, and I'm wondering what kind of Chicken-specific road-bumps I
might encounter when I try to migrate the apps.

I know I'll need to recompile Chicken and any shared libraries. Are
there other things I should be concerned about, e.g. surprising
differences in Chicken behaviour on 64-bit systems?

Having never maintained a 64-bit box, I'm embarrassingly short on
64-bit knowledge, so anything you might be willing to share would be a
great help. Links to general "64-bit migration challenges" documents
would also be very welcome (perhaps send those to me directly, so as
not to spam the list).

Thanks in advance,
Graham