Re: [Chicken-users] Hygienic Chicken's desftruct issue

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Hygienic Chicken's desftruct issue
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:53:00 +0200

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 03:29:30PM -0300, Alonso Andres wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it seems that defstruct on a copy or set! operation doesn't let you
> set the value of a field to an empty list.
>
> Probably a fix for this would be iterating through the arguments list
> to know which keys weren't really informed. Or maybe Chicken has
> another method to know this that I'm not aware.

This was a silly mistake of mine (empty list is eq? to an empty list, but
a list with anything in it creates a new unique cons cell, which is what
that code should have done).  Thanks for catching it! It's been
fixed and tagged. The new version 1.1 (with an additional hygiene
issue fixed) should be available for download shortly.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx