Fwd: Re: Re: [Chicken-users] Qt egg

From: vmanis
Subject: Fwd: Re: Re: [Chicken-users] Qt egg
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:33:24 -0600 (MDT)

My apologies if this is spam, but I sent this reply to David Krentzlin's kind
advice on getting Qt to work earlier today. Apparently my ISP's webmail
interface was being cranky. -- v

Aug 25, 2008 01:14:54 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Aug 24, 2008 12:34:42 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>Hi,
>
>i don't know where exactly the mac-version places the qt-directory, but
>it is certainly there. Did you try to issue a find?
>
>If not try to determine the location of the QtCore directory.
>
>$ find / -name QtCore -print
>
>The parent-directory of QtCore is QTDIR.
>
>Hth
>
>David

David, thanks for getting back to me. I bet that's great advice on a Linux system, but on
OS X it didn't in fact help. When I tried looking for QtCore, I found it in
/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/QtCore, (which is a link to /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore) and also
/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/Headers/QtCore). Setting QTDIR to
any of these fails, as it can't find qmake (which has been installed into /usr/bin, with a link
to it in /Developer/Tools/Qt).

So far, what I've discovered as candidates for `the qt directory' include

 * /Developer/Tools/Qt
 * a whole bunch of frameworks in /Library/Frameworks/Qt*.framework
 * examples in /Developer/Examples/Qt
 * documentation in /Developer/Documentation

A quick look at the egg shows that it includes QtGui, which is a header found in
/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/Headers/QtGui.

I am now completely baffled as to what to set QTDIR to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-- v