Re: [Chicken-users] pattern matching

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] pattern matching
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:04:08 +0200

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Jörg F. Wittenberger
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Do I have a different "matchable"?  Where should I shop for the real
> one?  I've got mine manually from the eggs page a week ago (BTW: it
> includes 2 matchable.scm in the .egg).
>
> Note that I currently do not use chicken-setup and the repository
> structure, but copied the files into my source tree for better version
> control.  But I would not expect any problem from just including/loading
> matchable like any other file.

Sometimes doing the proper installation may be tricky, especially for
eggs that provide syntax (this may improve in the future - importing
syntax has become easier with the module system, but things might
not be perfect in the moment). The best way (IMHO) for applications
that use specific eggs is to create an application-specific repository:
add the svn trees of the eggs you want to use in your source tree,
and then set the CHICKEN_REPOSITORY environment variable to
create a local repo. By passing "-t local -l <local egg tree>" you
can install eggs from the application sources. Note that you have
to copy the setup-... files in your default egg dir ($PREFIX/lib/chicken/4)
to your local repo, as they are used by chicken-install. It all sounds
more complicated than it is ;-).