[Chicken-users] Re: let-location & modules

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: let-location & modules
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:07:20 +0200

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Jörg F. Wittenberger
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Yesterday I tried to convert my code to the module system.  But that
> failed.  For the time being I managed to get along without modules.
>
> I've got the impression - though this is probably wrong - that I can
> either convert everything into modules or nothing at all.

You don't have to. But if you use extensions that provide modules, you'll
have to add the proper "import" forms.

> How do I mix modules and plain code?  I'd like to convert them one by
> one.

Just import from the modules you'd like to use (at toplevel). If you convert
parts of your application code to modules, you have to make sure that
the inter-dependency (import) tree of modules is acyclic. This may be
difficult with code that lived previously in one big (global) namespace.