Re: [Chicken-users] faster threading

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] faster threading
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 01:01:00 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 02.11.2008, 14:06 -0500 schrieb John Cowan:
> Tobia Conforto scripsit:
>
> > Moreover, they must be conveyed in a form suitable for relinking with
> > a modified version of rbtree.scm.  This means that all programs
> > statically linked with Chicken must also be distributed in object
> > code, to allow relinking with a different version of rbtree.scm
>
> This is the killer part for C/C++ applications, so I have to say that
> I now agree with Felix.  In Java (which is what I mostly use these days)
> it doesn't matter, because code is rarely if ever distributed in linked
> form (using gcj); it's always distributed in .jar form, which is basically
> a ZIPfile of object form.

Isn't that crazy?  When you write your code trying to being agnostic
about the way it's going to be compiled -- as an advanced programmer
would might eventually try to do -- you can attach any copyright notice
you want; the way it's being compiled will decide about the copyright!!?

Hey, this opens to loop hole for inclusion: include it in object form as
an dynamically linked .so!

Really?

}}8-o

/no-comment