Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup failiing to install egg

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup failiing to install egg
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:08:37 +0100

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Alejandro Forero Cuervo
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm often getting this error when using chicken-setup from 3.4.0:
>
> # /opt/chicken-3.4.0/bin/chicken-setup readline
> Error: (open-input-file) can not open file - No such file or directory:
> "/tmp/chicken-setup-3-root/downloads/readline.egg"
>
> In my machine /tmp/chicken-setup-3-root/downloads does not exist.
>
> Instead of this error, I was expecting chicken-setup to ask me if I
> wanted it to download the package.
>
> Just thought I'd report that I consider this a bug.

Indeed a bug, can you run chicken-setup once again with the
"-verbose" flag given? This would make it easier to figure out
the exact place where this problem occurs.

Good to see you. I hope we can get rid quickly of all the breakage
that we seem to have created... I apologize for this mess.