Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup failiing to install egg

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup failiing to install egg
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:53:08 +0100

> Good to see you.

Thanks. :-)

I had neglected Svnwiki for a few months for no particular reason.  I
guess the disagreement we had about how eggs should be handled was
frustrating for me so partially I decided to take a break and
partially I just got caught on other things (what you could call
"personal reasons", but there was nothing in particular).

I've felt great this last week starting to work on Svnwiki (and its
associated eggs) again.  I felt that in very little time I managed to
do a lot of things that I should have done before but that I just
never managed to get myself to start (such as fixing the whole Svnwiki
extension system once and for all or implementing most of the
mail-spec functionality which I've been mising for a while).  The code
(in the current form) is broken, but once I finish fixing it it should
be in a significantly better shape.  I've even discovered and fixed
some bugs in the previous (currently stable) version.

All of this just to say that I intend to become as active as I was (in
developing Svnwiki and related eggs) again.

> I hope we can get rid quickly of all the breakage that we seem to
> have created... I apologize for this mess.

Well, you know that you don't need to apologize.  Temporary breakage
is a cost of major changes, which are required to improve certain
things in important ways.  And, in any case, it is a pleasure to
develope in this awesome mess of a platform that we have.  :-)

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/