Re: [Chicken-users] using the compiler at runtime

From: Felix Lange
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] using the compiler at runtime
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:15:10 +0100

i considered using (system ...), too, but it depends on having access to
csc and a
way of finding the executable. making an interface to the compiler
available as a
library-unit eliminates these needs, though a C compiler (and libchicken)
would
still be required. the csc code should contain a way to find both on
all platforms.

the whole thing boils down to implementing a library interface to csc.
compiling closures won't work, of course, but i think (compile-file ...)
would be enough for most tasks.