Re: [Chicken-users] compiling with svn revision 12496

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] compiling with svn revision 12496
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 15:05:13 +0100

Am Samstag, den 15.11.2008, 14:56 +0100 schrieb Jörg F. Wittenberger:
> Am Samstag, den 15.11.2008, 13:58 +0100 schrieb Jörg F. Wittenberger:
> > Am Freitag, den 14.11.2008, 15:50 +0100 schrieb Jörg F. Wittenberger:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I did not update my chicken for a week or so.  Now this pet can't
> > > compile my code anymore (which hasn't been touched either since it
> > > compiled successfully).
> >
> > Forget about that one for now.  I guess I found the issue.  Not within
> > chicken, but some build weirdness here.
>
> OK, don't forget it completely.  It's annoying.

No, it's worse.

Now it counts for me as a grave bug.

There's code, which maps "symbol-append"+"string-append" over input
forms to ease typing.  (The openssl.scm - not even my code.)  I have no
idea how to fix that with hygienic macros.  And nothing of the trick is
supposed to be visible after compilation.  Hence chicken should litter
an .import.scm with those internals up to breaking compilation
altogether.