[Chicken-users] Re: New svnwiki features, updating galinha installation

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: New svnwiki features, updating galinha installation
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 18:43:53 +0100

> 1. Redirections to documentation about definitions.  If a file in the
> wiki has a “<procedure>(foo bar hey)</procedure>” or similar (eg.
> :s/procedure/macro/), the symbols will be registered in a database.
> Whenever someone accesses /foo in the wiki, the access will get
> redirected to the appropriate file and anchor.  For the time being I'm
> ignoring the case where the are multiple definitions for the same
> symbol, but it shouldn't be too hard to present a list of all and make
> the user pick.

This functionality is available now.  You can see a few examples:

    http://chicken.wiki.br/with-input-from-stream
    http://chicken.wiki.br/current-fuel

There are a few issues that I need to solve (problems with symbols
having funny characters such as slashes).

If http://chicken.wiki.br/your-favorite-function doesn't take you to
the right place, you should, once you find it in the documentation,
make sure to add the

    <procedure>(your-favorite-function ...)</procedure>

markup in the relevant section of the relevant wiki page.  Give it a
minute or two and it should start behaving correctly.

The logic for this is implemented in the redirect-scheme,
update-notify-scheme and chicken-def procedures of the svnwiki-chicken
egg:

http://address@hidden/svn/chicken-eggs/release/3/svnwiki-chicken/trunk/svnwiki-chicken.scm

Thanks.

Alejo.