[Chicken-users] Chicken for Python Programmers

From: Jack Trades
Subject: [Chicken-users] Chicken for Python Programmers
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 18:21:21 -0600

After noticing "Chicken for blub programmers" on the wiki some months ago, I decided a good way to learn Scheme would be to produce a similar document.  It's ~50 pages long and written as one large table with various sub-headings.  At last count (end of November), it had over 400 solutions to about 250 problems in both Chicken and Python, as well as tons of links to further documentation and reference material.  It's currently still in draft form, which means there's some editing notes and blank sections here and there.

I plan to continue working on the document, but I've been sidetracked developing a DSL for an evolutionary programming language, which I also plan to document in this format.  If you'd like to comment or contribute I'd be appreciative and would eventually be willing to translate it to wiki format if there is an interest.

Unfortunately I used this document as a test of Google Docs, and under all but the most ideal circumstances the formatting sucks.  Nevertheless you can find the raw Google Docs version at the address below.  If you like it, hate it or would like to see additions please comment.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgxzmhv_579j3m5kc5

Jack Trades