Re: [Chicken-users] windows shell problem

From: Lars Nilsson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] windows shell problem
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 19:37:09 -0500

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Thomas Chust <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ivan Raikov wrote:
>> [...]
>>    I think the problem is that \ in strings needs to be escaped,
>> [...]
>
> Hello,
>
> I don't think so, unless the escaping problem occurs on the Scheme or C
> side of things.
>
> As far as I know, the Windows shell only understands two escape
> characters: The double quote ("), to group things that contain spaces
> together and the caret (^) to escape a single following special character.

The important part is, I think, that system() is used according to
Felix's first email, presumably in a piece of C code, which means \ in
a string constant should be \\ to be taken literally, instead of
escaping the character following it. The shell / cmd invokation was
supposedly working without a problem.

Lars Nilsson