Re: [Chicken-users] Is there any way programmatically to determine a mac

From: Lam Luu
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Is there any way programmatically to determine a macro?
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:52:25 -0600

Andrew Gwozdziewycz wrote:
On Jan 5, 2009, at 5:48 PM, Lam Luu wrote:

Hello all!
Given an S-Expression, (here is an example), is there any way to write a script to determine whether or not that expression is a procedure-call or a macro? If it is a macro call, is there anyway to expand it back to the lowest level of special form possible? Currently, the only way I know if is using expand-syntax procedure, but that seems to be for interactive use only.

There's a problem with this and that's the fact that macros are expanded at compile time. In otherwords, macros don't exist in an expanded program, so the only thing you'd be able to check is whether or not it's a procedure.
--
Andrew Gwozdziewycz
address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>

I am trying to write a macro, too, which will also be expanded in compile time, so that should be no problem.