Re: [Chicken-users] S_IFMT constants

From: Alaric Snell-Pym
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] S_IFMT constants
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:57:39 +0000

On 16 Jan 2009, at 10:45 am, felix winkelmann wrote:

Everything should be put into eggs. At some stage we have to
strip down the posixunix and put everything not needed for
the core system into eggs.

Ok! Pending that, how shall I proceed in the short term?

1) Write a "posix-extensions" egg that contains my little extras?
2) Steal posixunix.scm and posixwin.scm and make them into eggs, with
my additions in, so people can install them to 'overwrite' the system
posix unit, and then when there is no system posix unit, it's now
available as eggs?
3) As per (2) but just have a posix egg that contains some magic to
build the appropriate version?
4) None of the above - just put my posix extension hacks into my own
source code for now, and deal with this issue later, when the effort
to split posix out into an egg happens?

May the fold be with you.

;-)

ABS