[Chicken-users] A call to arms

From: Mor Phir
Subject: [Chicken-users] A call to arms
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:55:58 +0100

DISCLAIMER: You may be overly exposed to mental masturbation.

I have a dream. =) A dream of a application framework that features both the low level plumbing (api) for developing web-applications as well as desktop applications.

I want it to be the Django for schemers only that I am using chicken.
I want this to scale easily. Deploy more servers -> load balancing.
I only want to deploy the functionality that I need for a given site (the gentoo of webapps)

I want less grey hairs with regard to improper string constructs. Lack of boundry checking. Such shield developers and administrators
from committing to evil things as mentioned above.

I want to make it as simple as possible. The unix of webapps.

I want to use git as a replacement to the db backend (tracking the xml).

I want something so transparent that its a breeze to deploy and administrate.
  - command line adminstration.
  - gai administration
  - web interface administration

Most of all, I want people to help harness out the specifications for the "perfect web application framework".
My main focus is primarly on the web. Lets hear what you have to say.