Re: [Chicken-users] Re: GPG support?

From: Alaric Snell-Pym
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: GPG support?
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:48:22 +0000

On 12 Feb 2009, at 2:26 pm, Tobia Conforto wrote:

Alaric Snell-Pym wrote:
I already have a plan for plaintext passphrases, I just need to
figure out a nice way to make 256-bit ones - Tiger hashes will
produce 128 or 192 bit keys from passphrases, but not 256-bit ones

I'm probably missing your point and stating the obvious, but SHA-256
produces perfectly reasonable 256 bit keys from any passphrase.

True, there's an sha2 egg that does those... good point!

Tobia

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym