Re: [Chicken-users] SDL egg: SDL_GL_SwapBuffers() not implemented?

From: Koen Weddepohl
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] SDL egg: SDL_GL_SwapBuffers() not implemented?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 00:51:07 +0100

I managed to download the changes through chicken-setup now.

sdl-gl-swap-buffers works fine, the graphics are displaying.

The functions sdl-gl-set-attribute and sdl-gl-get-attribute are recognized, but when I call sdl-gl-get-attribute it doesn't seem to return the value I've set with sdl-set-attribute. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, I haven't used these two functions before.

Cheers,

Koen Weddepohl

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Koen Weddepohl <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Koen Weddepohl <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm interested in using Chicken for homebrew game development.
>
> Anyway, I've been trying to get the SDL egg to work with the OpenGL egg.
> However, I can't get any OpenGL graphics to display. I think this is because
> I can't find an equivalent for SDL_GL_SwapBuffers() in the SDL bindings. Am
> I correct in thinking this is function is not implemented in the SDL egg?

I have added sdl-gl-swap-buffers, sdl-gl-set-attribute and sdl-gl-get-attribute,
plus the attribute constants. Unfortunately I can't test it, as the
chicken-3 branch is
currently broken and I don't have a working chicken-3 installation right now.

Perhaps you could give it a try?

Of course I'll give it a try, it's the least I can do. (Thanks for the C workaround, by the way.) Should I get it from SVN somewhere? As far as I can tell chicken-setup doesn't download your modified version.

Cheers,

Koen Weddepohl