Re: [Chicken-users] http egg and closed persistent connections

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] http egg and closed persistent connections
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:54:56 -0500

Drew Hess scripsit:

> Some HTTP servers will drop a connection even when they've indicated
> it'll be persistent. For example, the nytimes.com web servers send a
> Connection: keep-alive header when the client sends an HTTP/1.0 request,

Granted that the server shouldn't do that, HTTP/1.0 clients shouldn't
attach meaning to Connection: keep-alive either, as it is a 1.1 feature.
When you say you are a 1.0 client, you should expect to be treated as
a 1.0 client.

> (It'd be nice if this behavior were documented in the wiki, by the
> way. The documentation says that the header value returned by
> http:send-request is always a string.)

The reason it's a wiki is so that anyone can fix it.

--
John Cowan  address@hidden  http://ccil.org/~cowan
If I have seen farther than others, it is because I am surrounded by dwarves.