Re: [Chicken-users] Wiki (early) spring cleaning!

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Wiki (early) spring cleaning!
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:53:30 +0100

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 08:48:26PM +0100, Peter Bex wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The cleanup I'm suggesting does not necessarily have to be major, the
> immediate proposal of this mail is simply to move all the eggdocs to
> a new subdirectory eggref/3, to match eggref/4 and also to match the
> egg structure; eggref/X/Y  will be the documentation for  release/X/Y.

This has been implemented now.

For example, you can visit http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/3/9p to view the
Chicken 3 documentation for the 9p egg and http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/3/9p
to view the Chicken 4 documentation for the egg.

The "quick" (short URL) way to access an egg documentation has not
entirely disappeared; it used to be http://chicken.wiki.br/9p but it has
become http://chicken.wiki.br/egg/9p.  'egg' is simply a symlink in the
wiki's root directory that points to eggref/N, with N the current latest
release version.  This would be the preferred way to link to the egg, if
no particular version is intended.

If there are some hiccups resulting from this move, please let me know
about it.  There are four egg documentations (at least, files containing
the 'egg' tag) still left in the root.  I'd appreciate it if their
authors can have a look at them to see what should happen to them:

gl-display
growl
svnwiki-atom
svnwiki-javascript