[Chicken-users] Questions about pipes

From: Lam Luu
Subject: [Chicken-users] Questions about pipes
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:47:44 -0500

Hello everyone!

I am trying to write a Scheme script to drive GNU/Go through its stdin/stdout. However, there seems to be no way to create a bi-directional pipe toward another process. On the other hand, when I try to call create-pipe, the returned descriptors seems to be unusable, since it is not a port (even file-write procedure to write to a low-level file descriptor refuses to work).

Is there any way to spawn another process, then catch both of its stdin and stdout?

Thank you,
Lam Luu