Re: [Chicken-users] Missing chicken-ffi-macros.scm

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Missing chicken-ffi-macros.scm
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:25:46 -0700

On Mar 21, 2009, at 6:49 AM, Lam Luu wrote:

Taylor Venable wrote:
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:17:20PM -0500, Lam Luu wrote:

Do you know what is going on, and how to fix it?

I saw this also with the Chicken package on Ubuntu.  If you compile
and install from source this shouldn't happen.  (Don't worry, it's
quite painless to install from source.)

Well, I have been taught that it is generally a bad idea to install from source on a system with package managers (such as Debian). Plus, this is my home server, so I am very skeptic of compiling things from source.

Anyway, I have found the file from Chicken source, then copy that to /usr/local/lib/chicken/3/ (which is where all of your eggs go), and that works just fine!

Actual target is /usr/local/share/chicken.

Lam