Re: [Chicken-users] Build Failure (maybe infinite recursion) on x86_64 L

From: Taylor Venable
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Build Failure (maybe infinite recursion) on x86_64 Linux
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:20:17 -0400

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 08:48:50AM +0900, Ivan Raikov wrote:
>   I doubt this is the case, since the regex unit is almost identical
> between Chicken 3 and Chicken 4. Taylor, can you compile Chicken with
> the attached regex.scm and see if there is any routine from the regex
> unit that is called at the point when the build process gets stuck?

I can trigger the bug using Chicken 3.4.7 when compiled with the
supplied regex.scm file (again I can do this by varying the -:s
parameter until it gets stuck).

A backtrace from GCC is attached (it continues to repeat through many
frames after the output given).  It exhibits behaviour similar to that
when using the regex.scm that comes with Chicken 3.4.7 normally.  The
regex.c file which is generated is on my website at:

    http://real.metasyntax.net:2357/tmp/regex-pcre.c.gz

(Probably just my ignorance talking here again, but even though the
header on the file says PCRE, there are a lot of references to irregex
scattered throughout that file.)

Thanks for the continued time to try to solve this,

--
Taylor Christopher Venable
http://real.metasyntax.net:2357/