Re: [Chicken-users] testing release candidate for 4.0.0

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] testing release candidate for 4.0.0
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:20:55 +0100

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Leonardo Valeri Manera
<address@hidden> wrote:

> You learn something every day I guess, I never suspected MSYS-make
> would break when used outside of MSYS, though considering the PATH
> mangling MSYS does its not surprising at all.

MSYS does many evil things. MSYS make also searches for suitable
sh, I think. I can't follow anymore, there are too many MSYS-related
options and setups.

So, the situation is:

- mingw-msys: you have mingw + msys
- mingw: you *DON'T* have msys, just cmd.exe and bare bones mingw
- msvc: *NO* mingw/msys, just GNU make and MSVC and cmd.exe

Everything else is not supported. Have a nice day.

> I'll give Mingw64 a whirl if that's even possible. Is it? ARCH=x86_64
> with Mingw?

Oh boy - another combination of configuration options.

Sure, try it out!