Re: [Chicken-users] Dumbass newbie questions. Sorry.

From: Nicholas \"Indy\" Ray
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Dumbass newbie questions. Sorry.
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:27:58 -0700

> First question: For various reasons, I can't switch to chicken 4 any time
> soon. But I can't find the eggs for 3.4 etc. Where are they?

Chicken-setup will download the chicken eggs, the ref is here:
http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/3/index

> Second question: What's the canonical scheme (esp. Chicken) way to do
> pexpect like things? I.e., spawn a long lived process, send strings to its
> stdin, and deal with what is sends to its stdout? Is there a library? An
> example?

Not sure, but there are some process funcs in the possix unit:
http://chicken.wiki.br/man/3/Unit%20posix#processes

Additionally on opening a pipe:
http://chicken.wiki.br/man/3/Unit%20posix#processes

Indy