Re: [Chicken-users] Current date & time?

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Current date & time?
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 21:23:51 -0600

Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:

course every good log entry needs a timestamp ... so I searched for a
function to get the current date and/or time, and it doesn't seem to
exist. Can that be true?

Take a look at
http://chicken.wiki.br/man/4/Unit%20posix#date-and-time-routines

Example:

    csi> (use posix)
    csi> (seconds->string (current-seconds))
    "Thu May 28 10:53:38 2009"

Ah, thank you. I had used that before, but then took a long break from Chicken and forgot the name of the function.

But where is current-seconds defined? I expected to find it in the posix unit, but if it is there, it is missing from the current (4.0) manual.

--
Matt Gushee
: Bantam - lightweight file manager : matt.gushee.net/software/bantam/ :