Re: [Chicken-users] Current date & time?

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Current date & time?
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 22:22:09 -0600

Matt Gushee wrote:

But where is current-seconds defined? I expected to find it in the posix unit, but if it is there, it is missing from the current (4.0) manual.

Okay, I found it. I have to say the name 'current-seconds', though technically accurate, is a bit unintuitive. Might it not be better to call it something like 'current-time' or 'now', reflecting its raison d'etre, rather than focusing on the implementation detail 'seconds'?

Oh, well, minor quibble. Thanks for the replies.

--
Matt Gushee
: Bantam - lightweight file manager : matt.gushee.net/software/bantam/ :