[Chicken-users] lexgen examples

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: [Chicken-users] lexgen examples
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 22:40:36 -0600

Hello chickeneers--

As part of trying to learn the lexgen egg, I am trying to run the examples from the documentation, but I am getting errors.

First, I tried an example from an older version of the docs:

  csi> (define a-pat (tok #\a (try char=?)))
  csi> (define abc-stream (list `(() ,(string->list "abc"))))
  csi> (print (a-pat abc-stream))

  Error: bad argument count - received 1 but expected 2: #<procedure>

        Call history:

        <syntax>          (print (a-pat abc-stream))
        <syntax>          (a-pat abc-stream)
        <eval>            (print (a-pat abc-stream))
        <eval>            (a-pat abc-stream)      <--

When I run the "numpat" example from the current version, I get the same error.

I note that the doc says:

  Every combinator procedure in this library returns a procedure that
  takes in a list of streams as an argument.

"A list," thus one argument, correct? So the example code is consistent with the description.

So clearly something is broken. Is it

  a) the egg code itself;
  b) the docs; or
  c) my installation?

Please advise, and thanks for any info.

--
Matt Gushee
: Bantam - lightweight file manager : matt.gushee.net/software/bantam/ :